Saturday, January 25, 2014

January Favorites

 Can you believe that January is almost over? Well that can only mean one thing! Today I am telling you all of my January favorites. The First is the NYX  lipstick in Paparazzi. It comes off as a matte peachy color and doesn't smudge! It is also very affordable, with the price tag at $4. Another favorite is the Benefit's they're real mascara. If you curl your lashes before applying your lashes will look amazing! It does a good job of separating your lashes so that you get voluminous lashes. My next favorite is peppermint tea! I try and have mine with just milk, but sometimes I splurge and add some sugar. I have also been loving the OPI nail polish in Hey baby. It is bold, bright, and just plain fun to wear. Since it is still cold outside I have also been any infinity scarf I can find. When it comes to songs, I have had quite a few favorites. My first is Take a Walk, by Passion Pit. Another one is Back to the Beginning by Switchfoot. While trolling iTunes, I discovered a gem. This band (The Head and the Heart) is my new go to band. Their songs are alternative and are perfect to listen to at any time of day. When I came across them I immediately fell in love with Winter Song
    Now I wouldn't call myself an avid book reader, but this month I have been starting to read Love, Life, and Elephants, by Dame Daphne Sheldrick. This book is the story of Dame Daphne and how she learned how to successfully raise new born elephants. It starts by telling how her family moved form South Africa to the heart of Africa. She talks about growing up in Africa, and why she decided to devote her life to wildlife. In the 50 or so pages I have read so far there has been a lot a thrill. If you didn't know it was an autobiography, you'd think this books was fiction.
    Many people have been awing over the FitBit. Recently I have found something that I like even more. Since I have been trying to go on runs each day, I need to know how far I've gone, and how many calories I've burned. This watch (GSI) measures how long you've run, how many calories you've burned, and how many steps you've taken. On its own website it is $130.00, which is more than the FitBit, but on amazon it is only $30.00
What are some of your January favorites? If you want me to post certain types of blog posts, email me suggestions at urbanlifexo@yahoo.com I want to write things that you like to read, so send me ideas!

As always,
xoxo Em

    










*not sponsored, all opinions are from yours truly :)*

No comments:

Post a Comment