Friday, July 11, 2014

Revamp old T-shirts

When I look in my closet I see plentiful amounts of T-shirts that aren't the most fashionable, but hold a lot of memories. I decided to revamp some of these to make them more wearable and trendy. This is the first one, with more to come!
All you will need is an old T-shirt, scissors, and a pencil.
Flip your shirt over so you can clearly see the seams. We are going to start by making our T-shirt a muscle shirt, so we have to cut off the sleeves and part of the collar. I recommend you use a pencil, I used a sharpie so you can see where to make your marks. 
Once you cut on the lines, the places where you cut will look kind of torn up. Simply tug both ends of the sleeve and/or collar to curl the edges a bit to hide the rough edges.
Next you want to cut a horizontal line up both sides of your shirt. Cut from the bottom up to until you reach the top and you can pull the waist seams away from each other (like the picture above).
On both sides cut about 1.5 inch long strips that are a little less than an inch wide. You can really cut these as wide or long as you want, as long as you can make a double knot with them.
 Tie the top layer of the strip with the bottom. Make sure you do a double knot, or everything will come undone (I speak from experience). When you finish, tug the bottom and top part of the shirt to stretch everything out.
I like using this type of shirt on top of my bathing suit because it is light and easy to take off. 


I am sorry for the all the typos in my previous post! I usually edit my posts the day after I write them, but I really wanted to post it after I wrote it! If any of you make either the biscotti or this T-shirt tell me what you think of it in the comments.
As Always,
xoxo Em

*This post is not sponsored, all opinions, pictures, and opinions are my own*

1 comment:

  1. Really nice idea, very innovative. I might try and cut the sleeves and neck off of an old t-shirt of mine x
    www.betweentwo.co.uk

    ReplyDelete