Sunday, June 22, 2014

Drugstore Lip Stick Reviews

Recently I have been going to Ulta, Walgreens, Target, etc. a lot looking for makeup products that were affordable and worth my money. Some of the items I bought were the ones above, and I have mixed reviews on them. The first is NYX's Sugar Wafer. This is the one on the far left. The packaging is very compact and sleek looking, but it does have a lot of writing on it. I like the plastic part because it shows what the color looks like and once again adds sleekness to the packaging. The pigmentation is very strong, and it goes on very creamy. It lasts for about 2-3 hours and is very moist and light. It doesn't feel like a lipstick at all. The color itself is a nice light peach color that would compliment any skin tone and any face type. This NYX butter was $6 at my local Ulta. The next lipstick is the NYX Indian Pink lipstick. It is $3.99, and I love it! It is a coral color that would compliment anyone with any skin tone. It is highly pigmented, so if you put too much on it tends to look frosty. For people with pale skin and with a light coat it would look natural, whereas people with olive or deep skin tones it would come off as more vibrant. It doesn't last for that long, but overall I like it. The packaging on this lip stick is my favorite because it is simple and is the most classic. The next lip stick is the Made it Mauve by Maybelline. The first thing that I thought about it when I tried it on was that the smell was amazing! It smells like candy :). The color is not pigmented at all, it is quite sheer. Personally I don't like dark, vibrant colors in the summer, so I really like this kind. It really makes your eyes pop, and comes off as a nice deep purple color. It acts kind of like a stain, because it stays on for a long time. I bought mine at Target for $5.99. NYX lip products can tend to look cakey, whereas this has never done that. The last lipstick/chapstick is the Baby Lip's Pink Punch. I think the packaging is super cute and is $3.99. Is it worth it? Ehhhh.... I have four of these, and they actually dry out my lips. I can't add too much of the product either or else my lips will be barbie pink. The problem is that ht lips get dry and I want a lot of moisturizer! The color doesn't last all that long either. Out of all of these it is my least favorite, but I will bring it with me to the beach or in my purse because it is the least "formal." Should you buy it? I would recommend Peach Kiss, because it is more subtle and you can apply it more liberally.
Here are some swatches of the products. The first one on the left (hot pink) is the Baby Lips. I applied 4-5 layers of each product to show the amount of pigmentation it gives off. The next color is the Color Whisper, then the NYX in Indian Pink, and then the NYX butter in sugar wafer. The camera did not project the NYX Indian Pink well, because it is not red at all. It is a mix of peach and coral. It is also shimmery.

None of these products were given to me. I'm starting to post more personal posts with my own pictures and am using my own products. If ever I'm sponsored or am given products to review I will tell you so at the top of my post.

As Always,
xoxo Em

1 comment:

  1. Baby lips can do no wrong.Thanks for sharing this post! Would
    you like to follow each other on GFC, Google+ & Bloglovin? Lemme
    know & keep in touch!


    X
    http://subhamrai.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete