Saturday, June 21, 2014

Items to bring in a beach bag

Hello everyone! This is my first post using my own photos, and I would like to do more of these in the future!

We will all be traveling to water this summer, and there are some things you should bring! The first is a durable bag that can be tossed in the sand or get drenched in water (you never know when you'll get thrown in water, bag and all). Another thing to bring is a beach towel. There are some bags that are a bag and towel all in one, but I like to keep them separate.






In my beach bag I keep a small bag that holds smaller items that I don't want to leak or get lost. The first is obviously sun screen. I like Hawaiian Tropic because it smells amazing! Remember, any SPF over around 30 really doesn't do anything, so getting SPF 85 is no better than SPF 30. Also, spray sunscreen doesn't work as well as the lotion, which I know sucks, but you don't want skin cancer! I also bring some sort of sun relief with me. I always apply this where I am prone to sunburns when the day is over. It doesn't prevent them, but it soothes them. Another thing I put in the bag is chapstick with SPF in it. Along with chapstick I bring face lotion. This seems weird, but my face gets super dry in the sun and I hate the feeling of dry skin. I also bring some hand cream or body butter. This way I can put some on and carry on with my day.
Another beach bag item is tanning lotion/oil. Make sure you use this sparingly! I personally only use it when I'll be relaxing all day and won't be very active. Since most tanning products have a very low amount of SPF in them, make sure you wear your sunscreen. To make small touch ups I bring a compact mirror and some powder.


I also need a good pair of sunglasses. When I go in the water I take them off but when I'm lounging around it is good to keep the sun out of my eyes.

It is always important to stay hydrated and nourished. I bring life water because normal water bores me and I also bring plenty of food. Make sure to bring things that don't melt, because they would make a mess. Stick with items like goldfish, non-chocolate granola bars (or any other type of bar that doesn't melt), and things like dried fruit.



Before I leave the house I also bring a good beach book and a magazine.This way when I'm not swimming I have something to do.

Along with my bathing suit I like to bring an oversized T-shirt to put on when I'm not swimming. This way I can minimize the amount of sunburn I get. I sometimes bring an iPod  depending on if I'm going alone or not. Another obvious thing I bring is my phone, mostly to just to see what time it is once in awhile. I also bring a wallet and gum. Usually I never need any money, but you never know. Gum is always good because you'll have fresh breath for whoever comes by.
Next week I'll be traveling, so if I don't post as often that is why. I plan on posting on the road though so hopefully you won't go too long without a post. I added my blog to bloglovin, so make sure to follow! 
As Always,
xoxo Em

*This post is not sponsored, all opinions are my own*

No comments:

Post a Comment