Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Milkmaid Braid

One of my favorite ways to style my hair is to do the milkmaid braid. It is easy, takes little time, and looks beautiful! Another thing I love about it is that it keeps my hair out my face. We all have moments when we contemplate chopping all of our hair off, and then we talk ourselves out of it. If my hair is up in a braid, I don't feel like it is getting in the way.
Start by dividing your hair into two equal sections.
Next braid your hair into two braids. Braid your hair going under (Dutch style), not over. This will prevent your braid from popping out from your head. Secure the braids with an elastic, preferably with clear elastics. I don't have any on hand, so I used yellow.
Take one braid and bring it across your head, securing with several bobby pins on the other side of your head.
Do the same with the other braid, so that you get a crown. My hair is long, so I use a lot of bobby pins and hair spray to keep everything in place.
Here is the finished look! It is perfect for summer because it keeps your hair off your back and out of the way. If I'm feeling fancy sometimes I braid a piece of ribbon into my braids to make my hair look more formal.

As Always,
xoxo Em

*This post is not sponsored. All photos and opinions are my own :)*


1 comment:

  1. Really cute, I will be trying this when my hair gets longer haha :)

    ReplyDelete